Refreshing content automatically with content by label macro

Magdalena Kaczyńska November 28, 2018

Dear Atlassian Communitty, 

My issue is that I can not display new content (which has got my label) in page where I am using content by label macro. I tried to add that macro and label again - but it haven't new pages anyway. 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2018

Are you saying that you want the macro to display new content dynamically and not require a page refresh? If so, that is not possible.

Or are you saying that a page with a matching label is not appearing in the macro, even after page refresh?

Marya Belanger September 15, 2021

I know this is old but I'm wondering why you specified "Are you saying that you want the macro to display new content dynamically and not require a page refresh?"

Is there a way to have the macro display new content dynamically with a page refresh? I've been trying to figure this out for a bit! It seems to me there's no way to dynamically update the macro, it only accepts manual editing through the GUI. My question:  

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Set-content-by-label-macro-with-workflow-metadata/qaq-p/1804849#U1805639

1 vote
Magdalena Kaczyńska November 29, 2018

The second option. Page with a matching label is not appearing in the macro, even after page refresh. 

I resolved that problem by contact with my administrators. They had to reindex the wiki.  

Thank you :) 

Deleted user February 11, 2020

I was experiencing this problem too. I saw on my admin settings that I wasn't allowed reindex the Wiki myself. I had to contact them. So instead I waited a couple of minutes and the index came through. Seems for me anyway the issue was that there's a bit of a lag between label changes and propagation to content by label displays. Maybe the server is automatically set up to index but tries to be lazy in the face of expecting multiple changes to labels, which it can maybe do all at once for a lower computational cost... I don't know. It's annoying anyway that it's not immediate. Surely it's not that computationally expensive to do.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events