Refering to a extern database

David Soldan July 25, 2011

Hey everyone,

i wanted to ask if there is a way i , to refer in a page to a data on a different database with a link?? or is there any patch or tool for this??

i know that u can link data from ur pc or network to a page! but how do i refer to a database where for example constructionplans are ???

greetings david

2 answers

0 votes
David Soldan July 27, 2011

Thanks for your answer!

But i meant something else.

For example: the company i work for got different Sql Databases. The question now is if it is possible to get Information/Files from this databases with some sort of tool/plugin, to show them on some pages so you don't have to update every attachment (manuals(for products which are paged in the wiki), processes etc.). I know now that there is a SQL- Plugin for Confluence, but i have to get into it .

Greetings David

0 votes
Jim Birch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2011

Your question is a little vague but if you are talking about displaying html information from a different webserver you could create a User Macro to do this. The macro below would display a page on the company product database using page macro like

{showproduct:1049}

To create the macro, go to Admin | User Macros | create a new Macro

Name: (eg) showproduct

Title: Display product page page

No Macro Body

Output HTML

Template:

<iframe src="http://products.company.com.au/page.php?id=$param0" border="1" width="90%" height="400px">
<p>Unable to display external content - iframe tag is not supported by this browser</p>
</iframe>
<div class="description">Open this external <a href="http://products.company.com.au/page.php?id=$param0" target="_blank">product page</a>.</div>

You can vary this to suit your needs. Allowing any arbitrary web address could be a security risk so it is better to only allow the macro user to specify the page id not the full url.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events