Refering to a extern database

Hey everyone,

i wanted to ask if there is a way i , to refer in a page to a data on a different database with a link?? or is there any patch or tool for this??

i know that u can link data from ur pc or network to a page! but how do i refer to a database where for example constructionplans are ???

greetings david

2 answers

Your question is a little vague but if you are talking about displaying html information from a different webserver you could create a User Macro to do this. The macro below would display a page on the company product database using page macro like

{showproduct:1049}

To create the macro, go to Admin | User Macros | create a new Macro

Name: (eg) showproduct

Title: Display product page page

No Macro Body

Output HTML

Template:

<iframe src="http://products.company.com.au/page.php?id=$param0" border="1" width="90%" height="400px">
<p>Unable to display external content - iframe tag is not supported by this browser</p>
</iframe>
<div class="description">Open this external <a href="http://products.company.com.au/page.php?id=$param0" target="_blank">product page</a>.</div>

You can vary this to suit your needs. Allowing any arbitrary web address could be a security risk so it is better to only allow the macro user to specify the page id not the full url.

Thanks for your answer!

But i meant something else.

For example: the company i work for got different Sql Databases. The question now is if it is possible to get Information/Files from this databases with some sort of tool/plugin, to show them on some pages so you don't have to update every attachment (manuals(for products which are paged in the wiki), processes etc.). I know now that there is a SQL- Plugin for Confluence, but i have to get into it .

Greetings David

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 29, 2018 in New to Confluence

How to use Confluence Cloud for stakeholder management

Most of us don’t need much convincing that stakeholder management is important. It just makes sense that keeping everyone in-the-know on projects and assigning clearly defined roles is key to having ...

1,133 views 2 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you