Referencing JIRA reporter name in a confluence field

inderpreet lahil December 22, 2020

Hello,

I am creating a page with fields in Confluence. I have an input field name JIRA key. This field will be used to locate a JIRA issue. The field following this field is "JIRA Reporter". I want this field to auto-populate with the name of the reporter once the user enters a value for the JIRA Key field. So basically want to reference the reporter name in a Confluence field. Please assist.

1 answer

0 votes
Lissa Meade December 22, 2020

You could add a jira macro using the table display option, remove all of the fields you don't want and then use this as your query string: "key=FLP-108". Would that work?Screen Shot 2020-12-22 at 2.31.00 PM.png

inderpreet lahil December 23, 2020

I am not sure if that would work in terms of how I am trying to use it. So I am wanting my "Reporter name" field to auto populate with the name of the Reporter from the Jira issue. I want this happen once I enter the Jira issue number in the "Jira Key" field on my form. Let me know if my question makes sense

Also i want it to auto populate before i submit the form. So as soon as i enter the Jira issue number, I want the Reporter name to be filled. Then i hit submit after.

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 23, 2020

What form are you talking about? What form are you submitting and how is it built?

So basically here are the two fields. I want the "Jira Key Reporter" to auto populate with the reporters name when the user enters the "JIRA Key"Capture.PNG

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 23, 2020

This looks like a ConfiForms form from the screenshot. Is that a correct assumption? 

If yes then you can use a ConfiForms Field Definition Rules macro and set the value to reporter field directly from a selected Jira issue

We show the idea here https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/Accessing+Jira+issue+fields+directly+from+ConfiForms+using+Jira+issue+field 

But what I mean is that you can do it via ConfiForms Field Definition Rules "set value" action (set it to track your "Jira Key" field) 

Alex

Capture.PNGthat is what i am doing but it is not working

reporter is the field name of "JIRA reporter"

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 25, 2020

We seems to have a bug in ConfiForms Jira field here, as it doe snot seems to fire an event that the value has been changed (when you select a Jira issue) and therefore the rule does not get called. 

It is fixed now in https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/Release+Notes#ReleaseNotes-Version2.16.7 

The configuration to do what you are trying to do will be something like: http://recordit.co/rU6vjdSFUb 

Like Lissa Meade likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events