Referencing Confiform data from another page

Jim Rogers September 1, 2022

I have the need to create a table view of data found in a Confiform form on another page.  This will help me to specialize the data view, filtering, sorting to a specific use case without replicating the data via IFTTT.   

I have tried creating the table view with the source as formName:pageId in the formName field in the table view definition.  

Also, if I reference correctly, can updates on the sub page update the main form without IFTTT going the other direction?

Thanks,

Jim

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2022

Hi

You can have a ConfiForms TableView or just any other "view" macro from ConfiForms on any page you want showing the data from a form that is on a different page.

As long as the user has view access to both pages.

You just need to set the "form name" and the "page name where the form is defined" parameters in your TableView and that's it (both parameters)

Screenshot 2022-09-06 at 08.50.10.png

Alex

Chris Jones January 27, 2024

What if the confiform that you are trying to pull data from is in a completely separate confluence site?

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2024

On a different Confluence server?

Jim Rogers
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 29, 2024

Alex and Chris, I have this working with Alex's post from Sept 2022.  Thank you for the follow-up! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events