Reference parts of pages on another page

Aaron Mina February 20, 2019

Hello,

I am looking to reference one page on another, and I tried the excerpt route and it wasn't what I was looking for.

User Story:
I have main project pages; Project 1, Project 2, Project 3, ....  Within the structure of these projects, I have child pages to support the parent; Testing, Troubleshooting, ... I have a Troubleshooting page that is meant to be the Master Troubleshooting page where it is a one stop page to go to when an issue arises we can go to to find out which main project it belongs to.

Hierarchy of pages:
1. Project 1
    a. Testing Plan
    b. Troubleshooting Steps
    c. ....
2. Project 2
    a. Testing Plan
    b. Troubleshooting Steps
    c. ....
18. Troubleshooting Guide

So my intended outcome for this is to have 18. Troubleshooting Guide have a list of the Project's issues so I don't have to keep the issues updated in multiple spots.  When an issue and their troubleshooting steps gets added to one of the projects it will flow over to my master (18) Troubleshooting Guide in a nicely formatted way; where the Project 1 is a heading and the table with the issues is under it.

If there is any way to do this, please let me know.

Thank you

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2019

Not sure how much info you need to collate, but you might be able to use the page-properties-report-macro to do what you want. If you can add the date on each source page as key-values in a table, then it could be collated using the report macro 18. Troubleshooting Guide.

Aaron Mina February 22, 2019

Hello @Bill Bailey 

I will look into this too,

Thank you,
Aaron

Aaron Mina March 1, 2019

Hello @Bill Bailey 

This is exactly what I was looking for!

Thank you for taking the time to help me out with this.

Thank you,
Aaron

Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2019

Sure thing. I wish this forum had existed when I started using Confluence some 6+ years ago.

Like Aaron Mina likes this
1 vote
Jared Brenner
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 21, 2019

Hi Aaron,

The MultiExcerpt app may have more of the functionality you're looking for.

Good luck!

Aaron Mina February 21, 2019

Hello @Jared Brenner 

I see that this is a paid for app.  Is there any free apps or alternative ways to do this?

Thank you,
Aaron

Like Zak Laughton likes this
Jared Brenner
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 21, 2019

Hi Aaron,

I don't know of any other way off the top of my head, but you can test the app before buying it.  You may find it's worth the cost.  Let us know if you find another way to get this done.

Aaron Mina February 21, 2019

Thank you @Jared Brenner 

I will have to bring it up with the company before making that decision or going down this path.

I am looking through the marketplace to see if I can't find an alternative.  But if I am able to test this out and it does what I am looking for, as the video shows it might be, then I will mark this as answered.

Thank you,
Aaron

Aaron Mina March 1, 2019

Hello @Jared Brenner 

The solution that @Bill Bailey suggested is the route we are going, but this solution might be something another team will be looking at for something they are doing.  They say thank you as well as me for taking the time to help us out!

Thank you,
Aaron

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events