Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Redirecting page links from server to cloud after migration?

Edited

I think the answer is "no", but that seems insane, so I have to ask...is there a reliable way to do link rewrites to connect old bookmarks from the old site to the new?

It looks like the Cloud version of Confluence uses a different format for page URLs than server did, and embeds the page ID in the URL. So instead of /spacekey/topic for most ASCII pages, you end up with /spacekey/<number>/pages/topic

That seems to make setting up a simple rewrite rule from the old server to the cloud impossible since the page numbers are obviously all different and vary by page.

I can't imagine this isn't a core requirement for doing a migration. What am I missing?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder Community Leader Sep 27, 2021

@Scott Cantor 

Most people will just redirect all pages to the main Confluence URL.  I know some individuals that have done redirects for each page but added them manually which takes a lot of time.  There is nothing that can generate the redirects for you.

I appreciate the response. There is an API usable to get the new page IDs by topic, and from there it's relatively easy to generate a flat file and use it as a rewrite table in Apache.

So if anybody else comes across this, there is a way.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence Cloud

🏠 Say hello to the new Confluence Home!

Hi Atlassian Community, My name is DJ Chung, and I’m a Product Manager on the Confluence Cloud team. Today, I’m excited to share a new and improved version of Home. The new Home helps you ...

42,853 views 29 134
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you