Redirecting (Remapping) multible domain names to a single confluence instance with apache tomcat

grab March 9, 2021

In the past, several internal domain names were created for a single Confluence instance, which should now be merged back into a single one.
Is there a way to handle this with the existing tomcat config (reverse proxy)?

Example:
a.company.com
b.compny.com
c.company.com
should all be remapped (with URL changing in Browser / Meta Refresh) to
wiki.company.com
so i could set this as Base-URL in Confluence settings.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 9, 2021

You cannot do this.

Your Confluences are all separate systems, and hence have to have separate urls to run on.

Your options are:

• Run them on the same URL by migrating all the data you want to keep from them into a single Confluence
  • Run them as separate systems, but with sub-domains (this is a doddle with a proxy server) - wiki.company.com/a wiki.company.com/b and wiki.company.com/c for example
grab March 9, 2021

please do not misunderstand me...
there is only one confluence instance, but several domain names for this one

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 9, 2021

Ah, sorry, I missed that.

It's actually a lot more simple then.  Just drop the two domains that were not working (Confluence can only run properly on one), and rename the working one to wiki.company.com, and change the base url

grab March 9, 2021

All four domains are actually redirecting to the confluence host via DNS.
As you know, Confluence can only run one (without any issues)
Can i change my Tomcat config, to remapping all URLs to wiki.company.com?

Under "remapping" i understand changing the domain name in my browser adress-bar.
So if i enter a.company.com it woud swap to wiki.company.com (similar to meta refresh)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events