Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redirect after Login in Confluence

brett deline September 7, 2012

I have a problem and I haven't seen the answer in any of the forum posts here. We have a SaaS system that will use Confluence 4.1 as a Help Center. The goal for our help system is that each page of our application will have a wiki page in Confluence. When the user clicks on a link in our system we will lookup the appropriate Confluence wiki page in a database we maintain and redirect the user to the confluence page we find. The bit tricky part here is that when the user clicks the link in our application the user will be passed to the confluence login action (we have something set up to pass over the credentials to the login page so the user can be authenticate)d and will need to be redirected after authentication to the appropriate wiki page.

Now, we thought this would be no problem and that we could just put the page path in the 'os_destination' form field and that would be fine. For example we could put in 'display/g4s/Business+Consulting' where 'g4s' is the space name. However, when we do this after the user is authenticated they are taken back to the user dashboard. If we just put in 'display/g4s' into the os_destination field the user is taken to the space home.

So what gives? Why can't I redirect a user to a specific page in confluence? Is there any work around that doesn't require me to go mucking around with Tomcat or some other confluence config file?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dennis Kromhout van der Meer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 7, 2012

I don't get why this is happening for you. I just tested this myself and it follows whatever I set os_destination to, including pages. Does it make a difference when you urlencode the path? Are you using any reverse proxies or anything that might mess with the data?

brett deline September 9, 2012

Dennis,

I was able to get this to work. I'm not sure exactly what I was doing wrong, I might have had an issue with my test user not having the appropriate permissions to the space we were trying to have them access.

Best Regards,

Brett

Dennis Kromhout van der Meer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2012

Excellent! Please mark the question as answered and try to give a full solution, it may help people in the future with a similar problem :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events