Redindexing page ist not working We can't check the status of your index, you may have lost your con

Anton Maag April 11, 2022

I get the error message 

We can't check the status of your index, you may have lost your connection, refresh the page to try again

I see the hint on page Content Index Administration | Confluence Data Center and Server 7.17 | Atlassian Documentation

If the content indexing page does not load properly, and you see a "We can't check the status of your index, you may have lost your connection, refresh the page to try again" error, try updating your browser to the latest version.

Im testing with edge 

Version 99.0.1150.55 (Offizielles Build) (64-Bit) on 

What newer, other browser is needed?

2 answers

1 vote
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 11, 2022

Hi @Anton Maag ,

Welcome to Atlassian community.

We have seen such errors in the past and you might want to check on the below KB article which has some solution for you. 

I hope the above info helps. Have a good day.

Thanks,

Srinath T

Hi

I tried it out, but it did not resolve my issue.

Do you have any other idea?

Thanks

Anton

g1patnaik November 28, 2022

In my case, indexing is in progress. I can see that from atlassian-confluence-index.log. But UI does not reflect the same. It says "Rebuild index" even while indexing is at 70% as per index log.

And when I inspect the requests, I found the following request returns 404:

/rest/rebuildindex/latest/job

Our server does run behind a reverse proxy, but as I see the 404 error is actually coming from the application itself. Any ideas why?

Benjamin Yu January 24, 2023

This problem is still not fixed. Any help from Atlassian?

Ryan Goodwin July 13, 2023

Same, running into this on 8.3.1

Ryan Goodwin July 13, 2023

The workaround from https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/viewing-content-indexing-page-results-in-arithmeticexception-1097171563.html solved this for me. 

I encountered this while deploying a new ASG containing 3 DC nodes to take over for the running 3 node DC ASG. 

0 votes

I finally made it with the rest api

/rest/questions/1.0/admin/edges/reindex

Popular content missing after reindexing from scratch | Confluence | Atlassian Documentation

Benjamin Yu April 12, 2022

I have the same problem. How to fix it in the Confluence front end?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events