Recover deleted Calendar

Deleted user June 19, 2017

A couple of shared Confluence Calendars have been found to be missing. Is it possible to restore then from either trash or daily backups with out restoring the entire DB? etc

2 answers

0 votes
Hilda Martin October 22, 2020

You cannot restore the calendar unless you have a back up of it. Contacting a user/staff member who was watching that calendar should do it. They should have received a copy of the calendar as Atlassian sends everyone watching the calendar a copy of the deleted calendar. Once they send it to you, you should be able to import that file! Hope this helps.

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 19, 2017

My suggestion is:

• Restore a backup from before the deletion to a test/dev/temporary instance
  • Export the calendars to .ics files from the ellipses menu next to the calendar>Export to iCalendar
  • Import the calendars on the Production instance using the Import Calendar option next to the Add Calendar button

Please let us know how it goes.

Deleted user June 20, 2017

Thanks i need further hand holding. I have never touched Jira Administration other than removing user access. This is on a linux machine and i'm not a linux guy. Can i get further assisitance?

I can get the restoration point from our servers backup but i dont know the path or db name nor how to find it. If this is one to one i will supply my phone number.  

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 20, 2017

I just saw your support case. It looks like the Atlassian who is helping did not understand that you only want to restore some deleted Team Calendars and not your whole instance.

Unless automatic backups were disabled, there will be XML backups in the backups directory under the Confluence Home directory. The <confluence_home> directory is the path defined in the following file: <confluence_install>/confluence/WEB-INF/classes/confluence-init.properties

The idea is to restore this site back-up to a test instance, then export just the calendars and import them on the Production instance.

In order to provide the support engineer with more background, I added a private comment to your support case, linking back to this Community Question.

Victor Prasad August 30, 2018

This calendar has been deleted

<User> removed the "<Calendar Name" calendar

Attached is the iCalendar export of it.

If you need to restore the calendar at any time, simply choose the "Import Calendar" option when adding a new calendar.

Victor Prasad August 30, 2018

that is what the Confluence System sent to me when I accidentally deleted a space - so a copy of the .ics was included.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events