Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Recover changes to an Unpublished page

I inserted a Snag It picture and all of my work disappeared.  I tried back but it was gone.  Page is unpublished.  Confluence has been doing saves.  Is there anyway to go back to a saved, unpublished version?

4 answers

I've got a similar problem, however, it just relates to text edits (in Confluence Cloud). I have edited a page for quite a while earlier today, but wasn't ready to publish it yet. As usual, on the lower bar it told me that Confluence saved the changes. But, after taking a break and coming back to the Confluence tab, everything was gone and back to a slightly previous state (not a complete reset, but like 80%). Is there any way to recover those edits?

2 votes
AnnWorley Atlassian Team Jul 11, 2017

Please try the Drafts option under your profile. You may access your user profile by clicking your avatar in the top right corner:

Screen Shot 2017-07-11 at 1.48.38 PM.png

Not there.  The only thing in drafts is a copy of it with only the picture I was tring to paste in.

There is no drafts section

Same problem. Made some changes to a page and forgot to publish, came back later and closed it but the changes were lost. Absolute crap.

How is this still a thing in 2021!?

I suspect because Atlassian have made such a behemoth, that is so unmaintainable, that all their efforts go into maintenance code rather than what is reasonably expected in terms of feature addition.

There are requests on this site for super basic things, dating back to 2017 that still haven't been instantiated.

asd.lopes I'm New Here Jul 04, 2021

Same here, you need to fix it quickly... :| I have work lost...

I was stumbling around trying to find a way to recover a page that I had drafted up but lost because my laptop had a problem.  I was able to go to Recent > Drafts and find what I though I had lost.  Worked like a champ.

image.png

Like Hossein likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence Mythbusters: Does Atlassian even use Confluence?

Hi, Confluence collaborators! As part of #Confluence-Collaboratory month, we’ve created a very special Mythsbusters segment, where we're dive into an interesting myth and uncover the truth behind i...

1,514 views 7 29
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you