Recently Updated macro - exclude current space

Mick Taylor June 27, 2017

Is there a way to have the Recently Updated macro show items for all spaces except the current one?

3 answers

2 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 27, 2017

One way is to edit the macro and add all the spaces for which you do want to display updated content.

Screen Shot 2017-06-27 at 2.42.40 PM.png

Mick Taylor June 28, 2017

Ann - I think I will go that route. Thanks.

1 vote
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 29, 2017

Actually, the recently updated macro does allow you to exclude spaces by including a minus/dash before the spacekey. So if you want all spaces except myspace (spacekey: MS) then just put "-MS" in the Space(s) box. You can exclude multiple spaces with a comma.

This is listed right in the documentation:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/recently-updated-macro-139519.html#RecentlyUpdatedMacro-Parameters

Aaron Steinmetz May 31, 2022

no longer supported in the modern editor apparently. :-(

0 votes
Mick Taylor June 29, 2017

Thanks, Stephen.

I should have noted in my original question that I did try -current, -self, and now -MS, but it is still not excluding items from the current page.

No worries. It's a trivial problem at best.

Mick

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 29, 2017

I tested the recently updated macro on Confluence Cloud and Confluence 6.2.3 and in both cases I could exclude the current space by specifying -<spacekey>. Please let me know what version of Confluence it is not working in for you.

Thanks to Stephen for checking the docs to find this parameter; I should have done that before answering.

Mick Taylor June 29, 2017

OK, I was just using the incorrect syntax. Once I specified the spacekey, it worked fine.

I really should have read the fine manual before posting here. My apologies and thanks for bearing with me.

Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 29, 2017

No worries to both of you ;) Nobody can be too familiar with obscure parts of the documentation, so that's why we have this great community! :D

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events