Recently Updated macro - exclude current space Edited

Is there a way to have the Recently Updated macro show items for all spaces except the current one?

3 answers

2 votes
Ann Worley Atlassian Team Jun 27, 2017

One way is to edit the macro and add all the spaces for which you do want to display updated content.

Screen Shot 2017-06-27 at 2.42.40 PM.png

Ann - I think I will go that route. Thanks.

1 vote
Stephen Deutsch Community Champion Jun 29, 2017

Actually, the recently updated macro does allow you to exclude spaces by including a minus/dash before the spacekey. So if you want all spaces except myspace (spacekey: MS) then just put "-MS" in the Space(s) box. You can exclude multiple spaces with a comma.

This is listed right in the documentation:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/recently-updated-macro-139519.html#RecentlyUpdatedMacro-Parameters

Thanks, Stephen.

I should have noted in my original question that I did try -current, -self, and now -MS, but it is still not excluding items from the current page.

No worries. It's a trivial problem at best.

Mick

Ann Worley Atlassian Team Jun 29, 2017

I tested the recently updated macro on Confluence Cloud and Confluence 6.2.3 and in both cases I could exclude the current space by specifying -<spacekey>. Please let me know what version of Confluence it is not working in for you.

Thanks to Stephen for checking the docs to find this parameter; I should have done that before answering.

OK, I was just using the incorrect syntax. Once I specified the spacekey, it worked fine.

I really should have read the fine manual before posting here. My apologies and thanks for bearing with me.

Stephen Deutsch Community Champion Jun 29, 2017

No worries to both of you ;) Nobody can be too familiar with obscure parts of the documentation, so that's why we have this great community! :D

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

374 views 20 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you