Receiving error when trying to create Incoming Trusted Application link From Confluence to JIRA

Elizabeth Naff September 23, 2012

I am trying to set up the trusted application link between Confluence and JIRA so that I can list the Issues from JIRA on the Confluence page but I am getting the following error Unable to retrieve the application's certificate: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target. I have looked up the error on the forums and such and have done everything that the forums suggest, but I'm still getting the error. Both confluence and JIRA use SSL and have tried using the same Cert as well as different Certs..

2 answers

0 votes
RianA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2012

It should be related to certificate as the documentation pointed out. You need to make sure that that keystore import the cert for both Confluence and JIRA. Also, make sure the application using the correct keystore that you use to import the cert. For more information please refer to the following documentation.
* https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/Unable+to+Connect+to+SSL+Services+due+to+PKIX+Path+Building+Failed+sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException

0 votes
LucasA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2012

Hello,

The best way to proceed is testing both SSL certificates with the SSLPoke class, as per described here:

java -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=/your/jira/keystore SSLPoke YOUR_CONF_SERVER 443
java -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=/your/conf/keystore SSLPoke YOUR_JIRA_SERVER 443

If SSLPoke was able to stabilish the connection in the servers, the SSL certificates are fine, and it is only a misconfiguration in JIRA or Confluence. However, if SSL Poke doesn't work in some of the cases, it will be a SSL issue.

Best regards,
Lucas Timm

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events