Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving error 500 when accessing to Confluence hosted on Openshift platform

Thomas Montcuquet February 26, 2019

Hello everyone,

I would like to use an Atlassian Confluence on an Openshift 3.11 platform so I used the docker image "atlassian/confluence-server" and deployed it.

I created a route and tried to access it but I stumble on an error 500 page with the logs displaying an error message : org.apache.jasper.JasperException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.jsp.errors_jsp

I am pretty new to Confluence and a kind of beginner to Openshift. What is the reason of this error and how is it be possible to fix it and access to Confluence ?

Capture.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 27, 2019

Thomas,

I'd be interested to see the more detailed Confluence server logs, but I suspect you might not have enough disk space.

See Confluence starts up with error message Unable to load class for JSP for further details.

If this doesn't help resolve your issue, then have a look at what errors are being produced in the server logs when you encounter this error in the UI, and share them here.

Regards,

Shannon

Thomas Montcuquet February 28, 2019

Thank you Shannon for your answer,

I tried to fix the issue while assuming it was disk space related but I didn't find any change. It's strange because the server has normally enough disk space to run a Confluence. I even tried to create a persistent storage on the Openshift plateform dedicated to the Confluence pod with enough space but it didn't worked out (perhaps I got it wrong).

Here is the logs I get : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1K5dokkUHFhL0GmGrwKGxJLhc6BVyCVfR/view?usp=sharing

But when I access to the /opt/atlassian/confluence/logs/ directory there is no files in it.

Thank you,

Thomas

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 1, 2019

Thomas,

I don't believe that's the location of your Confluence home directory, which is where your logs are located.

You seem to have a large number of permissions errors as well, which you can resolve with the following:

Please try to first correct your directory permissions issues, and then if you're still having issues we can proceed by looking into the Confluence server logs.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events