Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read-only documents

Thomas Capacci July 11, 2019

Hi,

is there a way in Confluence to make documents public or to give read-only rights? That way we would avoid having to add client users (developers developing against our API’s) as paid licensees in our platform.

4 answers

2 votes
Shannon Meehan _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 4, 2019

Hey @Thomas Capacci , 

I'm Shannon from K15t, the vendors of the Scroll Viewport app that Aron mentioned above. Scroll Viewport would be a great option for this. We use it ourselves to deliver our website and help center from Confluence. 

An alternative here would be Scroll Documents, which you can use to create a public library for your documents and even multi-page documents. You can create and maintain them in an internal space and then simply copy them over to a public space when you'd like to make them publicly accessible / read-only. Here’s a blog post that outlines this solution, with a couple examples of live public sites and libraries. It's available on both Cloud and Server.

If you have any questions about either app, we're happy to help or show you a demo. Just get in touch with us: hello@k15t.com.

Cheers, 

Shannon (K15t) 

2 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 14, 2019

Alternative idea: export your Confluence space to an external website using the Scroll Viewport app, and externalize the content that way.

0 votes
Thomas Capacci July 11, 2019

Hi @Thomas Schlegel 

Thanks for the heads up so this happens when I make a space public and then I need to assign the space permissions as I want (as decribed here https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/assign-space-permissions-724764762.html)

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 11, 2019

Hi @Thomas Capacci ,

you can make a space readable for anonymous users. Then this space behaves just like a public webpage without any authorization. 

But you can only enable this permission for a whole space, not for single pages within the space.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events