Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-enable internal user directory/set admin pass

Jordan Berry January 23, 2018

I did an export of my production confluence which has its internal user directory turned off, and is looking at Jira for its users. This instance has a server running the application and a separate server running the DB (as suggested for production instances). 

I am trying to stand up a dev environment, but have selected a trial instance (Cant remember if that is what its called, but the non-production option, where there is no dedicated DB server). I looked through some of the logs, and it looks like the import may have hung at one point, but the instance is still running it seems. 

My question is:

1. How can I set my internal user directory (while there is no dedicated DB server) without being able to access the GUI

2. How can I set my sysadmin password without being able to log into Confluence (without dedicated db server). I have found this article, but it didnt seem to work https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/restore-passwords-to-recover-admin-user-rights-158390.html

2 answers

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 23, 2018

Hi Jordan,

The Trial option installs an H2 evaluation database. This article describes how to connect to it using either DB Visualizer or the H2 console to run SQL against it: Embedded H2 Database

Please try the SQL queries on this page: Restore Passwords To Recover Admin User Rights. I started to link you straight to the sections that cover the internal directory and the admin password, but it is actually a good idea to review the whole article to avoid trouble. (For example, sometimes people skip to the admin password without making sure the admin account is active or set the internal directory active but don't move it to the top of the hierarchy.)

regards,

Ann

Thank you very much. I will try this out and report back if there are still issues

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 23, 2018

Just to be thorough, I should mention that this is the page for Confluence 6.2.x: Restore Passwords To Recover Admin User Rights I sent you the page for 6.4 before; I doubt it changed much, though.

0 votes
Deleted user January 23, 2018

What version of Confluence you are using? the option from Restore Passwords To Recover Admin User Rights seems to be only available in Confluence 6.5.0 or earlier, if you are using different version then I think there is no other option like using the earlier documentation

Our Confluence Server is running at 6.2.1 currently, but we plan to upgrade soon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events