Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-attach SmartDraw diagram to page

J Fincher April 8, 2021

I opened an existing SmartDraw diagram on a page, edited the diagram, then saved it as a new diagram (Save as New Diagram). I then closed SmartDraw.

The new diagram was displayed on the page, as expected. 

However, I want both diagrams (the original and the copy) on the page.  I can't figure out how to get the original diagram back on the page.  The files are in the attachments list, but I can't get at them from the page.

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 17, 2021

@J Fincher I believe that you will just need to add another smart draw confluence macro to the page and select the diagram from there.

J Fincher July 26, 2022

I tried that.  When I select the smart draw macro again, it opens smart draw as for a new diagram.  I don't see any option to open or import the original diagram.  There is an import option there, but it's to import external files.  I tried downloading my original diagram files, then import them back in using that function, and that did not work either.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 28, 2022

I looked in their documentation but did not see how to open an existing diagram.  I would suggest submitting a request here: https://smartdrawatlassian.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events