Range filter for numerics

Stefan Vogt May 16, 2021

Dear all!

I was searching for this issue for quite a time but was able to find a sufficient answer. Is it possible to apply a range filter on a confiform field as field type "Numeric" and render the filter range in the filter macro? I know that there is for sure the possibility to define what i would call a static filter in the way of '<' and '>' (and '<=' and '>=')

What i am looking for at the end is a proper rendering in the filter macro like this (but not for a field type "Date" but for a field type "Numeric"):

2021-05-17 08_47_52-Issues - TUNLIQ - TUM Wiki.png

Thanks a lot in advance

Stefan

2 answers

2 votes
Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 17, 2021

Hi @Stefan Vogt ,

If you have the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app installed for your instance, you can use its Table Filter macro with the Number range filter applied.

The Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app is fully compatible with the ConfiForms app.

Stefan Vogt May 17, 2021

Hi @Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft} !

thanks for your feedback. Unfortunately we are not using your app. Here at the university i have little - to be more precise actually no impact - what apps are bought by the administration.

Maybe there is another way to get access for the functionality of a range filter for field type "Numerics"?

The results after filtering are shown by the marco "Card view" so not a conventional table.

Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 17, 2021

Let's wait for the @Alex Medved _ConfiForms_, maybe they have any native solutions without additional apps.

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 17, 2021

Hi

Numeric value / field from ConfiForms to render as a date range in ConfiForms Dynamic Filter macro?

Is that what you are trying to do?

Alex

Stefan Vogt May 17, 2021

Dear Alex!

to give a brief example:

Field 1 is of type numeric and contains 5 sets of data e.g.: 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Now there should be a filter that gives 5, 6, 7 for setting the range at 5 to 11 and that gives 3 for setting the range at 0 to 3. And certainly it should give 5 for the range of 5 to 5.

For sure you can obtain that results by using the information given at https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/ConfiForms+Filters

But for me this means the change of filter criteria manually within the parameters of the filter macro. Hence, the challenging thing is how to get a rendered field in the filter macro that can read the min and max value for the filter process in the same way as it is beautifully done in the case of fields of type "date" and "datetime".

Stefan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events