Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RPC Confluence export fails with TYPE_PDF

Dan O'Halloran April 7, 2015

Has any one come across this issue?

xmlrpclib.Fault: <Fault 0: 'java.lang.Exception: com.atlassian.confluence.rpc.RemoteException: Invalid export type: [TYPE_PDF]'>

I am trying to write an automated export tool for a space.  I can export it with TYPE_HTML and TYPE_PDF

I am using the latest confluence 5.7.1

2 answers

1 vote
Jonas Andersson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2015

Hi Dan,

Did you get anywhere with PDF exports using XML-RPC? I need something similar and would be helpful for any help on the topic? My email is xecaz@hotmail.com if you feel like helping out.

Kind regards

Jonas

Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2015

Hi Jonas, it works, it just uses a different endpoint as the regular API. Click the link in my answer above for more details.

0 votes
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 8, 2015

Hi Dan,

If you look at the documentation, you'll see that TYPE_PDF is no longer supported through the regular space export XML-RPC endpoint, instead you have to use a slightly different URL, as it runs through a separate plugin.  See this page for more details:

https://developer.atlassian.com/confdev/confluence-rest-api/remote-api-specification-for-pdf-export

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events