REST api not visible in Confluence

I am trying to use the REST api in Confluence 5.4.4. The documentation is somewhat cryptic in that at one point it is described as being in prototype form and elsewhere it says that this is the interface to use. Pressing forward, I managed to load up the REST api browser into my running Confluence, but there are no API's visible. I can see the list in the stand alone Confluence that I have have running fron the SDK. The REST plugin appears to be active in my main production Confluence, but when I try making a call ussing the examples, I get a 'Page not found' error.

What am I missing here?

Thanks,

Stan

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

It appears to be the version. I upgraed to 5.5 yesterday and the api is visible.

Maybe try enabling Remote API in Confluence General Configuration.

Andris, thanks for that suggestion. However, this does not seem to affect either the display within the REST api browser or the failure I receivewhen I make a call with CURL. In any case, that option appears to relate to XML-RPC and SOAP access. I did note that the version of the SDK stand alon Confluence instance is higher than mine - 5.5 vs 5.4.4. Perhaps it has not yet been released for general availability(?)

In confluence 5.4.4 only the prototype API is available, look here: https://docs.atlassian.com/atlassian-confluence/REST/5.4.4/

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,562 views 26 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you