REST API: Updating user avatar/profile picture

Bernhard Rusch July 31, 2017

I'm wondering if it is possible to update a user avatar/profile picture using the REST API. 

I'd like to update the user pictures in a batch from a different system - so it would be perfect using the REST API for that (as an admin user). 

I haven't found anything in the docs, and the REST API in general seems to be very limited compared to the deprecated SOAP/JSON-RPC APIs. 

Thank you very much! 

2 answers

0 votes
munyiva ngea July 26, 2018

Any responses?

Bernhard Rusch July 26, 2018

I'm using the old XML-RPC instead, that works fine ... the REST API seems to have no priority for the product. 

Tested it too, the python script seems to work great, just need to convert it to PHP for ease of integration with my existing scripts. Have you done this in PHP?

Thanks for your response.

Thank you

Bernhard Rusch July 26, 2018

You're welcome :) 

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2017

Yes, it should be possible, pelase see the below links -

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2017
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 31, 2017
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 31, 2017

Please ignore the above links, it's for issueType instead of user avatar.

Bernhard Rusch July 31, 2017

Thanks for clearifying - so the question is still open :( 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events