I am currently working on an integration to provide (important only) details of Jira tickets and all interactions on those for users using Jira Webhooks and REST APIs.
Everything is working fine but whenever the (my) application user interacts with a Jira resource from within the application, I would like to delete (or mark as read) the respective notification (UI notification in the Jira dashboard).
To illustrate through an example:
- "User A" log-in to the (third-party) application
- "User A" authorizes the (third-party) application to access its Jira resources (through OAuth) and the web-hooks are set up to receive comments on Jira projects the user is part of
- "User A" reports a ticket on Jira (or through REST API using the third-party application integration)
- "User B" comments on the ticket in Jira
- The webhooks is triggered and the third-party application receives and displays the created comment within a sandbox (or feed) to "User A"
- "User A" opens and views the comment => At this step the comment should be marked as read and removed (or un-marked) in the user Jira dashboard so whenever he opens up Jira he don't have to go through the same notification subject again.
Hi, Confluence collaborators! As part of #Confluence-Collaboratory month, we’ve created a very special Mythsbusters segment, where we're dive into an interesting myth and uncover the truth behind i...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events