REST API - Mark user notifications as read

tmarwen March 3, 2021

I am currently working on an integration to provide (important only) details of Jira tickets and all interactions on those for users using Jira Webhooks and REST APIs.

Everything is working fine but whenever the (my) application user interacts with a Jira resource from within the application, I would like to delete (or mark as read) the respective notification (UI notification in the Jira dashboard).

To illustrate through an example:

- "User A" log-in to the (third-party) application

- "User A" authorizes the (third-party) application to access its Jira resources (through OAuth) and the web-hooks are set up to receive comments on Jira projects the user is part of

- "User A" reports a ticket on Jira (or through REST API using the third-party application integration)

- "User B" comments on the ticket in Jira

- The webhooks is triggered and the third-party application receives and displays the created comment within a sandbox (or feed) to "User A"

-  "User A" opens and views the comment => At this step the comment should be marked as read and removed (or un-marked) in the user Jira dashboard so whenever he opens up Jira he don't have to go through the same notification subject again.

1 answer

0 votes
tmarwen March 3, 2021

I mistakenly reported the issue on the wrong product. Will report under Jira or Jira Software.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events