Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RDS/Citrix - Companion App - Office Documents

turo September 12, 2019

hi all,

we run Confluence 6.15.7, have deactivated usage of companion app because it's not working in citrix environments and have instead activated Edit in Office function.

We understand Atlassian's statement (https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/administering-the-atlassian-companion-app-958456281.html) that Edit in Office is only temporarily available and will disappear with release 7 ... right?

What is the mid-/longterm strategy for customers running citrix/RDS? Will Atlassian make the companion app Citrix compatible, if yes, with which release? 

thanks for feedback, Roland

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 16, 2019

Hello Turo,

Thank you for contacting us. Your understanding is correct, this workaround is only available until you upgrade to Confluence 7.0.X.

We have two bugs below that Citrix users tend to run into:

• CONFSERVER-56302 Atlassian Companion app does not work with session-based virtual desktops or virtual app streaming
  • CONFCLOUD-56557 Edit the document using Atlassian Companion is not working on terminal server with multiple desktop session

Please feel free to click This affects my team on the one that applies to you.

As far as if there is a longterm strategy for Citrix/RDS users, I would recommend using this thread as an opportunity to speak up about it:

You can send an email to Maksia at mappleton@atlassian.com and from there, you'll be able to arrange a session and talk about your requirements for the Companion app.

I hope that helps! Do let me know if you have any questions about this.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events