Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions on PDF Export + Expand Sections

Kinchit Gauswami September 24, 2019

Hello all,

Looking for your quick help on Expand Section with PDF Export. 

I have a bunch of expands macro inserted in the Page. Please help on the following:

1. When I export as PDF, the title of Expands Macro is not visible in the PDF file.

2. Is there a way to page break or some sort of CSS which will put each Expand on a new page in PDF. 

Example:

If I have 4 Expands in my Confluence page and when I export this as PDF, each expand should be exported on a new page in the PDF itself. 

Thanks, 

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 27, 2019

Hello @Kinchit Gauswami,

Welcome to Atlassian Community! It's nice to meet you.

With the  Expand Macro, I believe it's expected that the expand text does not show:

Text is expanded in PDF and HTML exports. When you export the page to PDF or HTML, the text between the macro tags is expanded so that readers can see it in the PDF and HTML versions of the page.

There is a ticket below for this exact request, as it appears to have worked in past versions of Confluence:

• CONFSERVER-58918 PDF export doesn't show 'Click here to expand' for Expand Macro

Please vote on this request by clicking This affects my team and you will automatically be added to the list of watchers and receive updates on this in the future.

My recommendation would be to add the text in above the Expand Macro that you wish to see on the page (such as with a heading), and then keep the Expand text something like "Click to expand..." so that it doesn't need to appear on your PDF document.

If you wish to add page breaks in, you can do so with a User Macro on Confluence Server:

For Cloud, each macro would need to be on a separate page, and then the page breaks can be added using this method:

I hope that is clear, but do let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events