Questions on Confluence- Currently evaluating platform

Dina Tsuda May 13, 2014

I am currently evaluating if I would like to purchase Confluence for our company intranet and had a couple of questions I was hoping the community could help answer...

1. If I have a link to another website on a page, the search box does not seem to find it. I would think it would be able to search the link title? Can someone confirm if there is an extra step I need to do?
  2. For versioning, does this only work if the content is typed directly on the page? For example, if I have an attachment on the page and the attachment is updated, can it save a version?
  3. Is there a way to set up key words on attachments so the search can be more defined?
  4. Is there a way to add administrative comments to a page or attachment that is NOT viewable to the general user?

Any guidance you can provide would be great! Thank you!

Dina Tsuda

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2014

2. Yes, attachments have versions. By default, adding an another attachment of the same name creates a new version.

3. Labels should be used for this both for pages and attachments

4. Not natively, but there are add-ons that provide macros like show-if and similar that do this type of thing. See https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/net.customware.confluence.plugin.visibility

0 votes
Dina Tsuda May 14, 2014

Thank you for your answers!

Mick- Yes, when I say link, I am putting the text on the page and hyperlinking it to a URL. All I want it to do is include the text in the search. However, when I test it, it does not include it in the search. Not sure why...

Thank you!

0 votes
Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2014

As for Q1, when you say link, do you mean the full URL, or some text that is clickable, which effectively hides the URL?

I can't say for sure, but I can't see why the text shouldn't be in the search, as it is text on a page.

I don't think there's much you can do beyond that, ie, there is no further step.

Cheers.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events