• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Question about "/confluence"

Hello Everyone,

in our company we have a confluecne i version 5.4.3

Currently we are making upgrade in test environemtn to v. 7.10.1

Strange thing is that we have a reverse proxy via apache and when I am changing in Base URL "/confluence" on the end of IP Address confluence behave strangely is I cannot create a space and some macros are not woking.

has some of you had a similar problem after upgrade to Confluence 7.10.1?

Thank you in advance for help

1 answer

0 votes

I'm going to take a guess that you have forgotten to update the "Context" in the server.xml file.  A standard upgrade will overwrite it and make your system behave as you describe.

Could you give me a hint here? I only update path”” section with /confluence but what I must update in context section?

The path in the context must match the path in the base url and the path the proxy is serving up.

ok but i wrote only „path”which is /confluence so as you mentioned it must be also in context or only on path?

No, the path in the context must match the path in the base url and the path the proxy is serving up.

You need to compare all three to find out which one (or two) are wrong.

Hello, Unfortunatelly problem still exist to have total explanation:

Base url: https://xxxx.xxxxxxxx.com/confluence

Server.xml context path: "/confluence"

Regarding hint which Nic gave to me, in server.xml context path should be also full  https as basic url? when I tried to do this confluence is not reachable.

In apache there is also full path like in base url.

No, the context should be just the sub-path that comes after the server domain.  If, for example, you are on https://mydomain.org/confluence , then 

I'm not sure what you are looking at in apache

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Announcing Team Calendars in Confluence Data Center

Hi Community! We're thrilled to share that Team Calendars for Confluence is now a built-in feature for Confluence Data Center releases 7.11 and beyond.  A long time favorite,  Team Cale...

75 views 0 3
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you