Querying Active Directory for specific user data

Christoph Richter November 4, 2014

I would like to have a list (i.e. a table) with all phonenumbers of our users. But not all users are confluence users.

Is there a way to query an actice directory and build a dynamic site in confluence??

Kr,

Christoph

3 answers

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2014

Yes, you could do it with the SQL plugin by querying AD. One thing to note if you are on a Windows 2008 domain your AD query cannot return more that 901 records or it will fail. I think if it is a 2003 domain it is 1000 records. It is a hard limit in AD that has to do with paging. So, you will need to cut up your query into multiple queries that return 901 or less records. Then you would union all of the queries together. I have done this in our environment by creating a view with multiple select statements unioned together to get the full result. This is also very slow. So, we have created a SQL job that will populate a real table with the information every 15 minutes. So, you could user the slow view that has realtime data or the fast table that is 15 minutes out of date.

0 votes
Christoph Richter November 5, 2014

Hi David,

not putting into their profiles. I am using a LDAP query to get our confluence users from a specific OU.

Now I want to query the whole AD to get the phonenumbers of all users Independent of the confluence users.

In a confluence site I would like to have a table with Names and numbers of all AD users.

So far, I found out that an AD can be queried by Standard SQL Statements and there is a addon called "SQL for Confluence".

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2014

Could you please clarify your question? Are you asking about putting user phone numbers into their profiles from Active Directory?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events