Purpose of the Table of Content Zone Macro

Guillaume Ame February 23, 2018

I use the Table of Content Macro and I'm fine with it.

But I have no clue of the purpose of the Table of Content Zone Macro.

When I add this macro I can configure it like the regular ToC macro, but nothing is rendered (5.9.24).

The documentation about it is quite vague...

So the question what is it purpose and how to use it ? When to use it instead of the regular ToC macro

1 answer

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2018

Hey Guillaume, 

It seems that a "Table of Contents Zone Macro" can be used to specify a subsection of the page you want to generate a table of contents against. 

By leveraging the zone, I can create a table of contents for subsections of the page. Check out this example: 

Screen Shot 2018-02-23 at 8.59.52 AM.png 

Guillaume Ame February 23, 2018

Thanks a lot. Could you please put a screenshot of the edit view of the page to help me fully understand what you've done ? 

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2018

Screen Shot 2018-02-23 at 9.50.33 AM.png

Like # people like this
Nicholas Wade June 24, 2022

The macro now seems to have a problem - it strips the formatting of Normal text and Code text styles.

I've also found that it sometimes leave a grey box around the content that is included in the macro when published.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events