Pulling the Last Modified Date and User of a page in another page

Jasmeet Sasan February 23, 2016

Is there any way, I can pull the Last Modified Date and User name who edited the page on to another page? Let's say, I have 2 pages, Page-A and Page-B.

Page-A has content and Page-B has a table with tracking information.

When a user changes the content of Page-A, then I would like to track the information such as Username and Last Modified Date (of Page-A) in 2 separate columns of a table on Page-B.

Please share if it is possible through Macro or if there is any other workaround.

2 answers

0 votes
Robert Reiner _smartics_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2016

The (commercial) projectdoc Toolbox provides a macro to render changelogs. You can control the information to be rendered and there is a simple filter. Of course you can specify the page in which changes you are interested in. The changes are rendered in a table.

For more information you may have a look at the documentation page of the Change Log Macro. There you'll find screenshots of the macro editor and the rendered result.

The add-on is only available for on-premise Confluence.

Biased alert: I am one of the authors of this add-on. smile

0 votes
Ezra Rezky
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2016

Hi Jasmeet!

Confluence came with a Macro called "Recently Updated" which you can utilize. I haven't found a way to form a table yet, but at least it will keep you updated.

Here's my example:

1. I added PAGE-A and PAGE-B, and inside PAGE-B i added the Recently Updated Macro.

Screenshot from 2016-02-24 17:18:03.png

2. I can edit the macro to configure it to my liking, such as only monitoring updates from specific author(s), specific space(s), label(s), and other configurations as well.

Screenshot from 2016-02-24 17:19:32.png

3. Page-B will show updates according to your configuration:

Screenshot from 2016-02-24 17:20:18.png

4. You can also click the view change link to see what actually changed:

Screenshot from 2016-02-24 17:21:23.png

5. And when I edit it with another user, it will be shown separately and you can compare them both by clicking the view change again

Screenshot from 2016-02-24 17:22:12.png

Screenshot from 2016-02-24 17:24:03.png

To be able to explore more about this Macro, you can check this page provided by Atlassian:
Click This Link

I hope my explanation can help in some ways, and I wish you a good day!

Warm regards,
Ezra A. R. A. 

Jasmeet Sasan February 29, 2016

Thanks for the solution! I will try your reco this week. Thanks again!

Ezra Rezky
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 29, 2016

No worries Jasmeet!

Ezra Rezky
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 3, 2016

By the way, if this solution helps, do you mind accepting the answer so other users with similar situation can find this? laugh Thank you!

Jasmeet Sasan March 15, 2016

I will do it this week for sure!! smile

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events