Pulling past 4 sprints data from Jira automatically

BJ Thompson January 10, 2023

I am looking to pull a report from Jira that shows the past 4 sprints completed.  

I know how to do this manually, and select these 4 sprints, but I'm wondering if there is a way (probably using JQL) to have the report pull the last 4 sprints completed automatically so that my report in Confluence always shows the past 4 sprints without me constantly updating it after every sprint.

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2023

Hi @BJ Thompson 

Not natively, the native dynamic function is closedSprints() - which allows you to see Issues which were in previous sprints, but with no timeframe:

sprint in closedSprints()

You could use a date function to limit this to a specific timeframe? For example, if each of your sprints are 2 weeks long, you could use:

sprint in closedSprints() and resolved >= -8w

^ This then shows issues which have been in a sprint, and have been closed within the same timeframe. It doesn't completely meet your need though, as this only helps with "done" issues, not issues which might still be open and moving between sprints.

There is a feature request for a new JQL function - lastSprint() - which might be of interest, you can vote for/watch it here: JSWCLOUD-12432 

---

The other alternative is to get an App which can provide more advanced JQL functions. 

You could check out Apps such as...

...which have additional functions, such as previousSprint, and see if this meets your need! Or look for another JQL extender App on the Marketplace

---

Let us know your thoughts!

Ste

BJ Thompson March 23, 2023

Ste, Just following up, helpful to know that not possible directly in Jira.

Since I'm not willing currently to pay for a seperate app, I was able to get a modified version that gets me most of what I need using  Jira Cloud for Google Sheets (Official)

I still need to pull it manually at the end of each sprint, but once pulled its collating the rest of my data automatically for me

Thanks,

BJ

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events