Pull specific issue types from Jira, into a confluence page and allow anonymous voting

Jerry Holland
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 8, 2021

Hi all,

With the many Jira and Confluence integrations I am sure this would be possible but cannot figure it out.

We have launched some software, and we use Jira as our help desk so that customer can input bugs or features they would like to see.

Bugs we have handled however the Features are going crazy!!

I would like to 1) create a confluence page 2) pull over from jira all the of the new feature requests and then 3) allow the customers to vote anonymously of course as they would not have confluence logins, and only vote once, to keep it fair.

This would help us prioritize new features for our developers to work on. 

But for the life of me i am not seeing a way to do this.?

Anyone have any ideas?

1 answer

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 9, 2021

Hello @Jerry Holland!

I can see how useful that would be and how it would increase user interaction! The ability to vote for issues is native to Jira we use that very feature within our Bug and Suggestion platform.

However, voting for issues is not natively present in Confluence even if you have Jira+Confluence integration.

This has been suggested some time ago but has been ruled out by Atlassian:

You could use a survey app from one of our third-party vendors:

I understand that this feature is necessary for your workflow, but the spirit of being completely honest and open with people who use our products, I can tell is not native to our platform.

Let us hear from you, Jerry!

Jerry Holland
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 10, 2021

Hi Diego,

I have tried a couple of the apps, the problem is I don't have 5 or 6 enhancements to vote on and prioritize, I have 200+ and to copy and paste those into a 3rd party app is just crazy to think about.  I will have to think of some other fix for this.

Thanks

Jerry

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events