Pull data from a table column on one page into a table on a different page

Ursula Wright
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 19, 2018

I have a table that I need to pull content from (if it matches certain criteria) and then place that content into another table on a different page (not a child or parent page). For example, I have a table with a column called 'status'. The status column contains the words green, yellow, or red. If the status is 'red', I'd like to pull the whole row of data that contains the 'red' status and place it into another table. How do I do this? 

3 answers

6 votes
Natalie Paramonova _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2019

Hi Ursula,

I can suggest you the solution with automatic merging and filtering tables.

If you need to pull multiple tables (both manually created or generated with the help of the macros outputting tables), you can use the Table Excerpt Include macro that provides an ability to pull any tables from child pages, from specific pages, from pages by labels and more.

After that, you can use the Table Transformer macro to merge all the tables in one. 

The Table Filter macro can help you to hide unnecessary columns and filter rows using the necessary criteria.

The workflow may be as follows:

1. Insert the Table Excerpt macro, set the Excerpt name parameter, and place the tables (or the macros outputting tables) within the macro body on every page.

2019-03-28_18h09_44.png

2. Add the Table Excerpt Include macro on the summary page, specify Excerpt name and select an appropriate Excerpt source.

2019-03-28_18h22_47.png

3. Wrap the Table Excerpt include macro in the Table Transformer macro, use the default presets or custom SQL queries to merge all the tables in one.

2019-03-28_18h11_16.png

2019-03-28_18h27_21.png

4. Add the Table Filter macro to the merged table to hide unnecessary columns and filter rows (you can hide the filtration panel).

2019-04-08_12h12_05.png

Let me know if you need more details.

Greig Metcalfe
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 7, 2019

I had the same question and then read this.  This absolutely solved the issue I was having!  Absolutely awesome!

Thank you Natalie, you rock!

Natalie Paramonova _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2019

Greig, thank you! Feel free to contact us to find solutions to your use cases. :)

Like # people like this
R2RO6
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
January 10, 2021

Same as Greig, I had similar doubts and this explanation was perfect! thank you so much Natalie!! 

PD: I just created my user in this community to thank you, imagine how much that meant to me. :) 

Ashmeer Mahabeer
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 23, 2022

Good Day,

I have the very same query to run.

I am unable to find the "Table Excerpt Include" macro. I am using 

Confluence version 7.13.2.

Please advise, is there an alternative?

Regards

Ash

Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 23, 2022

Hi @Ashmeer Mahabeer ,

The Table Excerpt/Table Excerpt Include macros come with the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app. If you can't find our macros, it means that the add-on is not installed for your Confluence instance.

Try to look into the standard Excerpt/Excerpt Include macros then.

Ashmeer Mahabeer
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 23, 2022

Hello Katerina,

Thank you for the prompt feedback.

Is there anyone that can assist me over a TEAMS call, or be guided as to the Excerpts to use to consolidate 15 tables into one then filter the rows based on a specified parameter?

Regards

Ash

Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 23, 2022

If we are talking about the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app, you can book a live demo session here. Note in the description that you are interested in our Table Excerpts macros and filtering of the combined report.

Robin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
August 10, 2023

Hi Natalie and other experts ... I was using Natalie's answer above (Table Excerpt Include macro wrapped in a Table Transformer macro) to merge together tables from different pages.  It looks perfect in the Preview within the macro but when I save the page, it renders two copies of the merged table.  Has anyone seen this?  More importantly, does anyone know how to solve it?  

Katerina Rudkovskaya _Stiltsoft_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 14, 2023

Hello @Robin,

To hide the source table in Table Transformer, please switch to the Options tab and set Hide all content in Source data:

2023-08-14_17h27_20.png

In general, notice that if you're using the latest versions of the app, you do not need to use Table Transformer now for merging tables, just tick the Show as a report table option in Table Excerpt Include. 

2023-08-14_17h27_35.png

Like # people like this
2 votes
George Ivanov July 16, 2020

Hi there,

for the server option of Confluence you can use "SQL-Powered Table Transformer" macro (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1219300/sql-powered-table-transformer) along with the standard Excerpt/Excerpt include macro

Put each of the tables inside the Excerpt macro container.

On the summary page add the SQL-Powered Table Transformer macro container, then inside the container link all the tables from other pages using the Excerpt Include macro.

Adjust the SQL Query in the SQL-Powered Table Transformer macro properties to pull the needed rows from the needed tables. Table names will be TABLE_1, TABLE_2, etc. (according to the order you put them into the SQL-Powered Table Transformer)

Cheers!

Robin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
August 14, 2023

This worked for me! Thank you George Ivanov! :) 

1 vote
Steffi Frank July 19, 2018

Hi Ursula

works quite simple like this:

open table A in view mode and mark all content in row with status 'red', copy with ctrl+C

copy row.jpg

open table B in edit mode and paste the content with ctrl+V

copy row 2.jpg

Ursula Wright
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 20, 2018

Thanks, Steffi Frank. One thing I forgot to mention is that I'd like this content to move automatically. There's a lot of updates and pieces of content that will need to move to 3 different tables on 3 different pages. I don't want to do this manually each time.

Steffi Frank, do you know how to set this process up so that it happens automatically?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events