I have a table that I need to pull content from (if it matches certain criteria) and then place that content into another table on a different page (not a child or parent page). For example, I have a table with a column called 'status'. The status column contains the words green, yellow, or red. If the status is 'red', I'd like to pull the whole row of data that contains the 'red' status and place it into another table. How do I do this?
I can suggest you the solution with automatic merging and filtering tables if you use Confluence Server or Data Center.
If you need to pull multiple tables (both manually created or generated with the help of the macros outputting tables), you can use the Table Excerpt Include macro that provides an ability to pull any tables from child pages, from specific pages, from pages by labels and more.
After that, you can use the Table Transformer macro to merge all the tables in one.
The Table Filter macro can help you to hide unnecessary columns and filter rows using the necessary criteria.
The workflow may be as follows:
1. Insert the Table Excerpt macro, set the Excerpt name parameter, and place the tables (or the macros outputting tables) within the macro body on every page.
2. Add the Table Excerpt Include macro on the summary page, specify Excerpt name and select an appropriate Excerpt source.
3. Wrap the Table Excerpt include macro in the Table Transformer macro, use the default presets or custom SQL queries to merge all the tables in one.
4. Add the Table Filter macro to the merged table to hide unnecessary columns and filter rows (you can hide the filtration panel).
Let me know if you need more details.
Thanks, Steffi Frank. One thing I forgot to mention is that I'd like this content to move automatically. There's a lot of updates and pieces of content that will need to move to 3 different tables on 3 different pages. I don't want to do this manually each time.
Steffi Frank, do you know how to set this process up so that it happens automatically?
for the server option of Confluence you can use "SQL-Powered Table Transformer" macro (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1219300/sql-powered-table-transformer) along with the standard Excerpt/Excerpt include macro
Put each of the tables inside the Excerpt macro container.
On the summary page add the SQL-Powered Table Transformer macro container, then inside the container link all the tables from other pages using the Excerpt Include macro.
Adjust the SQL Query in the SQL-Powered Table Transformer macro properties to pull the needed rows from the needed tables. Table names will be TABLE_1, TABLE_2, etc. (according to the order you put them into the SQL-Powered Table Transformer)
- Create your own custom emoji 🔥 - "Shake for Feedback" on mobile 📱 - An endless supply of GIFs via GIPHY 🤩 Is there anything quite as nice as a pleasant surprise? Comment below with what...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events