Publishing should be automatic

JM Chilgren
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 26, 2021

Hi - we have just had to migrate to Confluence, and our biggest issue so far is that if we want to edit a page, we always have to go through an edit/publish process. This is unlike any other collaborative document tool out there, and it is a huge pain point for quickly making changes or jotting down notes. If publishing were happening automatically, we wouldn't lose work, and collaboration could happen in real time.

2 answers

0 votes
Grace Bronwasser
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 10, 2023

I agree, there should be a way to support auto-publish, or simply live edit that doesn't need any press save/publish button. It's the same with box.com and other tools that save automatically.

0 votes
Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2021

Hi, Welcome to the Atlassian Community.

The publish step allows your team to work on a page and wait to make the changes visible for other users once the content is ready to read.

I'm not sure how you are losing work? When editing a page all changes are saved instantly. If you do not publish the page and come back to the page's edit mode all your content should be there.

Perhaps you are running in another issue?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events