Publishing Web Spaces

Alex Samad YB June 17, 2012

Hi

I am looking at trying to setup a new confluence install. I am looking at having something like

Spaces

Wiki

Internal

External

Clients

Auditors

The thinking being that the last 4 spaces are read only spaces made up of pages from the Wiki which have specific tags assigned to it.

I was hoping to use some pluggin to do this, but the publish plugin you need 1 draft for each space you want to publish.

Any one else setup like this ?

Alex

3 answers

1 vote
RianA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 17, 2012

Hi Alex,

From my understanding, it seems that you want to put certain content on other space to be displayed on other read only space. Would Include page Macro help in this case?

Cheers.

On a limited scope. the include would help, but say you had 100 - 1000 pages.

Every time you create a page in Wiki you would have to create the include pagas in the other spaces. not a very good work flow.

let me expand on my descriptio

spacepagelabels

wikiaExternal, Internal

bInternal, clients

So when I published out of wiki. I could easily (key word) select all the pages with the label External and copy those pages into space External. And similiarly do the same for Clients

I would end up with a copy of page A in External and a copy of page B in the clients space. Such that all the link referenced only the published works spaces.

The publish plugin looked good, but doesn't handle 1:N associations

Alex

0 votes
Alex Samad YB July 18, 2012

Been playing around with this some more.

Maybe a slightly different approach is what needed.

How do I easily publish pages from my main space to another space, but where it only selects pages with a specific tag !

I don't want to click on lots of pages

0 votes
SarahA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 17, 2012

Hallo Alex

Keep an eye on the Scroll Version plugin under development by K15t Software:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.k15t.scroll.scroll-versions

It's currently in beta. It will have exactly the functionality you're looking for.

The Ad Hoc Canvas plugin from Comalatech may also be useful:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.comalatech.adhoccanvas

Cheers

Sarah

Hmm

ad hoc canvas. looks okay, but you can't place a page in multiple and does it allow me to export /copy pages in a container to another space.. I need to be able to do that so I can limit peoples access.

A requirement (not really state before) was to limit access to pages by group permissions.

I know you can assign restictions to page. but that a pain to manually have to go in and make the changes - to easy to mess up. So apply permissions to a space seem like the easy way to go. So the need to export pages from the main space to a defined one is a must.

K scrolls ... I will have to have a look. But I couldn't find any documentation and like you said its a beta.. and thet are charging for it ...

when I get some free time i will have to download and install to try it out.... Which means i am going to have to get a test confluence setup !

okay thanks

I have a brief look through looks okay. But :) in my example

one page needs to be published in Clients and External and Internal (think wiki as the source space. Clients and External and Internal).

So not different versions, the same version.

The more i look at these the more I am thinking that the publish plugin need a little bit of work to limit it to publishing specific pages defined by their tag and I would have what I need :)

So back to my example. I can presume I can use different versions (Scrolls concept) to represent each of the different spaces. But it looks like it keeps a different copy of the page for each version ... which is not what I need

Thanks

SarahA
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 17, 2012

The Scroll Versions documentation is here:

http://demo.scrollwiki.com/display/VSN/Home

Still a draft! An upcoming version of the plugin will support conditional publishing, and publishing of selected pages to an existing space.

The K15t guys will be delighted to have your feedback.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events