Published a Conflunece page with images and text but only opening couple of lines are showing

Ben Walker March 20, 2023

I've just published a detailed step by step guide on Conflunece with a large amount of text and images but once I pressed publish only the opening couple of lines appeared. I have checked page history but cannot get back to my original page containing all images and text. Strangely all the images are still attached to the published page but not showing.

How can I restore the original page?

2 answers

0 votes
Rodrigo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2023

Hello Ben!

That's an unfortunate situation, especially after that much work involved. 

Can you also check your Drafts? Maybe it's there for one reason or another.

• Click on your Profile Icon Dropdown -> Drafts

Best regards
Rodrigo

Ben Walker March 21, 2023

Hi Rodrigo,

I've just checked drafts but nothing in there. I think I'm just going to have to do it again and will save a copy in word so I don't run into the same issue again. I'll try and publish after each section too.

Thanks

Ben

Rodrigo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2023

Hi Ben,

Ah, interesting... Yes, that's definitely a safe way to move forward; however, it's still not the intended functionality and might affect more of your users later on :(

Do you have many apps installed? It could be that one is interfering with the other. If that's the case (a lot of apps) and the issue keeps happening, perhaps it's best to try to find what the conditions are to replicate it and either contact Atlassian (or if u find disabling an app fixes it), contacting the vendor.

Best of luck Ben!

Best regards
Rodrigo

0 votes
Sayed Bares [ServiceRocket]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2023

Hi Ben,

Welcome to the community!

Are you using Cloud or Server/DC?

Ben Walker March 20, 2023

Hi Sayad, 

I think it's server but not 100% sure

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events