Publish a NEW page without notifying watchers

Andreas Kropp January 11, 2023

Is it possible to NOT NOTIFY watchers when publishing A NEW confluence page? I don't find any manually option for this.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2023

Hi @Andreas Kropp ,

when you create a new page, all space watchers will be notified about that. Unfortunately you can't prevent this.

On page edit, instead, you can avoid to notify watchers using button "Publish without notify watchers" instead of "Publish"

Immagine.png

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2023

Hi @Andreas Kropp 

To add to this, it it's a feature you'd like to see added in future, I'd recommend raising a suggestion through here: https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa

I did look for a current feature request for this, but couldn't find one!

Ste

0 votes
Chris Kolaczkowski May 8, 2023

Repeating an answer to a similar question, but I think I've been able to get around this on our self-hosted version of Confluence by publishing the initial page with privacy settings such that only I have access to the page. After that, I can open up visibility settings, and publish edits without notifying watchers.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events