Publish Space Process Does Not Complete - Confluence

Dan Mabee December 12, 2012

We use the Content Publishing add-on to pubish our content to multiple spaces. We recently upgraded to Confluence 4.3.3. When we attempt to publish the space, the process kicks off and gets to 20% and then just seems to hang. The time elapsed grows as does the time remaining. The status message at the bottom of the elapsed time box says, "Add New Pages".

The add-on says it supports up to 4.2, but when I contacted the vendor support they said:

Based on what was changed in Confluence 4.3, the Content Publishing should work as expected in Confluence 4.3, however we have not yet had a chance to run it through some basic testing. We hope to have it tested in the next couple days.

Is there a way to verify what is causing the problem or to get it to complete?

Thanks,

Dan

2 answers

1 vote
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2012

Hi Dan,

If you check in the logs then you will probably be able to find the class name that refers to that plugin and then you could enable debug logging for that class in the Confluence logging, as described in this document: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Configuring+Logging

For example. the class name for the Atlassian Universal Plugin Manager is "com.atlassian.upm.atlassian-universal-plugin-manager", so given the label attached to this question I would hazard a guess that the classname for the plugin in question will begin "com.comalatech.publishing" so if you specify that in your debug logging then you will get extra information about what the plugin is doing.

Then, depending on how able you feel, you can either drill down to see where it's failing or you can just supply your logs with the debugging information to Comalatech Support and they will be able to drill into the problem for you.

All the best,
John

Dan Mabee December 18, 2012

Thanks, John. I don't see anything about comalatech. I see the error posted above.

Dan

Sorry...I must be blind. I see the comalatech references in the message. I will send to them as well.

Dan Mabee December 18, 2012

This is what I see:

2012-12-18 15:00:18,171 ERROR [Long running task: Publishing space] [confluence.util.longrunning.ConfluenceAbstractLongRunningTask] run Long running task "Publishing space" failed to run.

-- space: 15499265 | url: /confluence/spaces/publishspace.action | userName: dmabee | referer: http://wiki/confluence/spaces/viewpublishspace.action?spaceKey=fn40 | action: publishspace

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.atlassian.confluence.pages.AbstractPage.getContent()Ljava/lang/String;

at com.comalatech.confluence.publishing.DefaultPagePublisher.copyPage(DefaultPagePublisher.java:213)

at com.comalatech.confluence.publishing.DefaultPagePublisher.publish(DefaultPagePublisher.java:101)

at com.comalatech.confluence.publishing.DefaultSpacePublisher.publishPageChangeSet(DefaultSpacePublisher.java:262)

at com.comalatech.confluence.publishing.DefaultSpacePublisher.publish(DefaultSpacePublisher.java:164)

at com.comalatech.confluence.publishing.DefaultPublishingManager.publishSpace(DefaultPublishingManager.java:163)

at com.comalatech.confluence.publishing.action.PublishingAction$PublishSpaceTask$1.doInTransaction(PublishingAction.java:265)

at org.springframework.transaction.support.TransactionTemplate.execute(TransactionTemplate.java:128)

at com.comalatech.confluence.publishing.action.PublishingAction$PublishSpaceTask.runInternal(PublishingAction.java:256)

at com.atlassian.confluence.util.longrunning.ConfluenceAbstractLongRunningTask.run(ConfluenceAbstractLongRunningTask.java:26)

at com.atlassian.confluence.util.longrunning.ManagedTask.run(ManagedTask.java:35)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:441)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

skorzinetzki June 6, 2013

Hi Dan,

while testing the plugin we considered the same problems. Did you find a solution or workaround for that?

Thank you!

0 votes
Ulrich Kuhnhardt [Comalatech]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 23, 2013

Please always state the version of the Publishing Plugin together with the Confluence version.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events