Publish News (Blog posts) in other persons name

Tom Svaleklev April 16, 2020

We have a communication department that often help "authors" compose blog articles. Do you know of a way how these articles could be posted by the communciation department in the original author's name?

We tried a workaround of Communications saving the blog post with read restrictions and then let the original author open it up, removing the restrictions and republish it.

However, the News macro does not show the last editor but only the creator.

Any ideas?

1 answer

3 votes
Sven Schatter _Lively Apps_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 16, 2020

Hi @Tom Svaleklev,

As far as I know this is not so easy with vanilla Confluence. I think the only way would be to have the supposed author copy/paste the content into a new blog post every time from the original page. However, with our app Lively Blogs for Confluence there is a better way:

Here I have a page that was prepared by Administrator and I am logged in as Other User. With Lively Blogs I can now click on "Publish as Blog Post" in the page context menu.

temp.png

When I click it I get a dialog asking me in what space I want to publish the Blog Post and whether or not I want to move the original Page that the Blog Post will be created from into the trash. (The published Blog Post will have the same title as the original Page)

temp2.png

The result is a Blog Post, created by Other User, even though the original page was created by Administrator:

temp3.png

If this sounds like a viable solution to you, you can check out Lively Blogs on the Marketplace here. It also contains a lot of other features that improve the blogging functionality of Confluence such as Teaser Images for Blog Posts, a global Blog Post Overview, a Blog Posts display on the Confluence Dashboard, several macros for displaying Blog Posts, and much more. If you have any questions about it you can follow up here, or raise a support ticket at our Service Desk! :)

Cheers,
Sven from Lively Apps

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events