Public Spaces and Hiding Comments

Katie Pickrell September 10, 2021

Hello - I have a public knowledge base space but would like to be able to leave comments on the page that only my internal team can see (for things like suggestion edits and such.) Is there a way to hide comments from being viewed by anonymous users?

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2021

Hi @Katie Pickrell ,

Thanks for posting.

I presume the one you are referring is similar to this open issue - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-24939. Could you please check and vote and watch this?

Cheers

Suvradip

Katie Pickrell September 10, 2021

Yes that is what i'm looking for. Will vote and watch. Thank you!

Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2021

You're welcome @Katie Pickrell !

1 vote
Jacob Brunson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 10, 2021

Hi @Katie Pickrell

There is no way to restrict comment viewing, but I wanted to leave a suggestion for a way to achieve a similar result.

You could create a separate page which is restricted to your team. In this page you could insert the Include Page macro, and select the public version of this page.

This would allow your team to comment on the private version of the page, while leaving the public version untouched. Unfortunately this does require an additional page, and inline comments wouldn't work since it's using a macro.

Hope this helps!

Best,
Jacob

0 votes
Irina_Bel_Stiltsoft_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 2, 2021

Hi @Katie Pickrell ,

It seems like our app has a feature to partly work around your trouble. Talk - Advanced Inline Comments has a feature that allows setting visibility restrictions for the comments on a space level or/and for the specific comment thread. Say, you want your comments to be visible only internally. You can set space permissions for the comments only for a group or/and users who can view them. However, any user who can make comments can change restrictions for specific comment threads.

For example, you want to restrict viewing for the following groups and users as in the picture. A user with Confluence admin right needs to go to the Space tools - Permissions - Talk permissions and add them:

image (27).png

This means, that by default all the comments in the space will be visible only to the groups and users listed. But if a user wants to change viewing for a specific comment (for example, to discuss something privately), they can do it like this:

image (28).png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events