Proxy a Confluence server with its own reverse proxy

Doc Magic May 26, 2017

So we just recently upgraded our testing enviroment's Confluence to 6.2 from 5.5.2. I noticed that the new collaboberative editing feature is using websocket. I have configured the reverse proxy on the Confluence server successfully. However, due to requirements, I need to have another server running Apache (2.2.15) to proxy the request to the Confluence instance. While I didn't have any trouble configuring HTTPS proxy and Confluence is accessible, collaberative editing is not working at all and I am not clear on the Apache config to fix it. The workflow from the user's perspective is:

User -> Web server (Apache) -> Confluence (Apache)

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Justin W_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 1, 2017

Hi Doc,

I would start by upgrading apache to at least 2.4 as noted in : Proxying Atlassian server applications with Apache HTTP Server (mod_proxy_http)

• Applications that use Synchrony, e.g. Confluence 6.0, must use Apache 2.4.10 and up

Once you're on 2.4+, you can use the example apache config under this section: 

• If you're using Confluence 6.0 or later with Synchrony (which is required for collaborative editing),  you'll need to use Apache 2.4.10 or later...
  •   ... and these directives and location blocks (click to expand)

Regards,
Justin

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events