Provided solution for merging usernames from different domains does not work!

Faryad Kashef March 28, 2023

Dear Community, 

We are migrating our domain from "at.xxxxx.com" to "xxxxx.com" (both in the same forest) and want our users to use their new usernames in the new domain while keeping the same permissions and contents from their old usernames. Apparently the only solution or workaround is this:

How to merge two users' content ownership and permissions in Confluence | Confluence | Atlassian Documentation

I did proceed with this and converted queries to MSSQL but at some point it returns errors. For instance:

ALTER TABLE user_mapping DROP PRIMARY KEY;

Returns an error like: 

Msg 3725, Level 16, State 0, Line 1
The constraint 'PK__user_map__E1CC8CC0D5F8' is being referenced by table 'LABEL', foreign key constraint 'FK_LABEL_OWNER'.
Msg 3727, Level 16, State 0, Line 1

I manually removed the key using the Object Explorer interface but I am not sure if it is correct. Again, while performing the next queries I get some errors with the queries. Has anyone recent experience with this? 

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 18, 2023

@Faryad Kashef welcome to the Atlassian community

I have run into issues like this.  Most of the SQL is for Postgres and MySQL and will not always work on MSSQL.  You can submit a support issue to Atlassian and they will provide scripts for MSSQL.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events