Promote Confluence to the company users

Malik Abuubakar March 15, 2024

Hello everyone,

I am reaching out to those who use Confluence to share their approach and user experiences regarding the knowledge-base capability.

Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Josh Shepherd
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 13, 2024

Hi @Malik Abuubakar I have used Confluence as a knowledge-base in the past. We had a lose folder structure to categorize documents in the tree, but pre-defined a number of keywords for titles (like How to: or Feature: or Best Practice: ). I would also look to the tagging system and pre-create a set of tags to attribute to documents to help the users find what they are looking for. Confluence is sort of built for this sort of thing.

The core to the user experience in finding documents was the search (and now the AI search might be even better). Creating an amazing graphical landing page with search links pre-defined.

One last suggestion might be to look at the Wiki extensions to allow even more fluid links between documents and auto-document creation for references. I don't know about this feature in Confluence, but I have used WiKi-based tech in the past and it's pretty good as well. 

I hope some of this helps you out or gives you ideas.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events