Profile picture is white

I tried to upload a .jpeg photo (280kB) but the picture does not display. Instead I have a blank space where the picture should be. Same issue as CONF-32109.

4 answers

0 vote

Hi Victor,

Do you see any errors if you load the page that should have your picture while running Chrome's developer tools?

Also, have you checked the confluence logs too?

I don't receive any errors when loading the page. I had an admin try uploading the picture as their profile and it worked fine. I checked the logs and I don't receive any error entries either. Just for more information, I am running version 5.5.2 on IE11 on Windows 7.

0 vote

Heya Victor, 

Is it happening with any picture used for the profile? Also, as you have confirmed that this did not happen with the other admin using the instance, can you share if this will happen with users non-admin? And for the last, when did you start to notice this issue?

PS: If this is becoming critical for your instance and usage, don't hesitate to raise a new ticket through our Support Channel (https://support.atlassian.com) 

Cheers, 

Giuliano

Hello,

No, this does not happen with any other pictures on the same profile.

I have not been able to test if it woks with other non-admin users. I will let you know as soon as possible.

This issue was brought to my attention on December 19th.

Thank you,

Victor

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

485 views 19 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you