Profile list macro: comma-separated list of criteria doesn't work

Wilhelm Klauditz July 17, 2020

Hi,

I'm having problems with the "Profile list" macro. 

I would like to show several staff members based on their name. I filled the criteria field like that:

Jagger,Richards,Wood,Watts

But the preview says: "No user matches the criteria."

When I enter only one of the names, it works.

Does anyone have an idea, why the comma-separated list of criteria doesn't work?

A workaround would be to display the staff members by using several "Enhanced profile" macros. But then, the profiles are not displayed in a row. And, I would have to configure several macros (e.g. choosing the display mode, selected elements).

2 answers

0 votes
Wilhelm Klauditz September 3, 2020

Hi Anna,

thank you very much for your help. That's what I found out, too. I'm sorry that I forgot to write it down here for everyone. 

BUT the problem of this solution is: If I use OR the system sorts the people alphabetically. I'd like to display specific users and sort them manually (in the order entered).

How can I achieve this?

0 votes
Anna September 3, 2020

Hi,

if you want to display several people by their name in a "Profile list" you have to use the following syntax:

Jagger OR Richards OR Wood OR Watts

If you use the comma-separated list, the systems looks for a user who fits to all criteria (in this case a person with the names

Jagger, Richards, Wood, Watts

is equal to

Jagger AND Richards AND Wood AND Watts

As an example, if there are several people in your company named Watts but your team is located in London, you can specify this the following way:

Jagger OR Richards OR Wood OR (Watts,London)

Hope this helps you.

V! December 7, 2022

Hello Anna,

I would like to know how it looks with the limitation to managers. How do I adjust the entry so that all those belonging to a "Potter, Harry" are displayed?

Jagger, Richards, Wood, Watts, Manager: "Potter, Harry" doesn't work.

Regards,

Miss Vee

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events