Processing for multipart/form data request failed. No space left on disk.

anshu02
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 12, 2019

While trying to add new diagram, template in gliffy i am gettig this error. 

Any suggestion how i can fix this ?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 12, 2019

Hello, are you the server administrator? It sounds like the application server is having issues.

anshu02
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 12, 2019

Hi Steven, 

Yes i am Jira admin, can you help me with the steps to fix these.

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 12, 2019

Well, the first thing you need to do is log onto the server and check the disk space. What type of server is this, linux or windows?

anshu02
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 12, 2019

It is a linux server, i have tried to check the disk space by going to /var/atlassian/application-data/confluence/attachments and i found that there is enough space on disk. 

Please let me know if there is any other way to check disk space.

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 12, 2019

Would you be sure to check using a command like 

df -h

And make sure that there is not a full disk?

anshu02
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 12, 2019

I ran the command and it gives me this output, 

Capture.PNG

anshu02
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 12, 2019

I can see /opt/atlassian is 100% used, do you think this might be causing the issue ?

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 13, 2019

Yes, that very much will cause issues. The /opt/atlassian directory is commonly used for the Installation Directory. If this is full, Confluence may not work correctly or at all -- This is critical!

A good way to think about the directories is like so:

• /opt/atlassian -- Tomcat runs the Confluence application code from here and serves up webpages
  • /var/atlassian -- Confluence stores configurations, temp files, attachments, and other stuff here

Commonly, within /opt/atlassian/confluence/.../logs, files can grow overtime. It's possible that the log files in here are too large. You should also check temp directories.

Like anshu02 likes this
anshu02
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 13, 2019

Thanks Steven, Your answers helped me to get lot of details, I have checked logs and found that we have log files of past 6 months and as you mentioned they have are consuming lot of space.

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 13, 2019

Glad I could help. Good luck!

anshu02
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 13, 2019

Hi Steven, 

Just a quick question, I have deleted the old logs but still disk space is 97% occupied, can you let me know what are other files which i can check and delete.

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 13, 2019

try running something that will print the size of the directories. depending on what operating system you're using, it could be something like du --

https://linux.die.net/man/1/du

cd /opt/atlassian/
du -h --max-depth=2 | sort -nr
Like anshu02 likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events