Problems with user macros after update from 3.5 to 5.4.4

Gerd Vorwerk June 5, 2014

Hello,

i've upgraded a confluence-system from 3.5 to 5.4.4.

There is a user-macro called 'faq' which was used very often
it just looks like this:

{panel:title=$param0}
$body
{panel}

and formats input to something like this:

faq user macro format example

after the update editing of the headline (param0) is not possible - error message that there is no metadata ... so i updated the macro to use this code:

## Macro title: faq
## Macro has a body: Y
## Body processing: Selected body processing option
## Output: Selected output option
##
## Developed by: me
## Date created: 05/06/2014
## Installed by: me
## @param 0:title=Name|type=string|required=true|desc=Headline der FAQ
<div class="panel" style="border-width: 1px;"><div class="panelHeader" style="border-bottom-width: 1px;"><b>$param0</b></div>
<div class="panelContent">
$body
</div>

this works, but any other macro inside the body wont work anymore:

no formating inside the body

can someone please help me to get the body content in the right format again?

3 answers

0 votes
Patrice Rompas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2014

Hi Gerd,

Please try configuring the User Macro with 'Macro Body Processing' type Rendered.

Regards,
Sam

0 votes
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 5, 2014

Hi Gerd,

In confluence 4.0 we introduced a new format called XHTML, which is different from the wikimarkup format.

I could find this webpage which might help as an example for you to rewrite the macro again :)

## @noparams <ac:macro ac:name="info"> <ac:parameter ac:name="title">Table of content</ac:parameter> <ac:rich-text-body> <ac:macro ac:name="toc" /> </ac:rich-text-body> </ac:macro>

Cheers,

Rodrigo

0 votes
Guilherme Nedel [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 5, 2014

Hello Gerd, we do have some changes among Confluence versions that require macros to be adapted, it is described after this link. We also used to have issues considering User Macros headings, which was fixed (bug for reference). Not sure if that is the same scenario, posting this with hopes to help you get further.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events