Problems with upgrading plugins after Confluence upgrade to 4.1.2?

Hello everybody,

I upgraded from Confluence 4.0 to 4.1.2 on our test environment. Everything worked fine with 4.0.

Now, when I go to "Plugins-->Upgrade" to check if newer versions of the plugins are available I get the following error message:

This version of Confluence is unknown to the plugin information server. It may be too new to appear, or it may be some type of non-standard build. No plugins can be found for unknown product versions.

Is this a known problem (I couldn't find anything helpful)? Did anyone else experience it and was maybe even able to resolve it?

Thanks in advance!

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.
Joe Clark Atlassian Team Jan 09, 2012

This error can happen if the information about the parent product version (in this case, Confluence 4.1.2) is not updated on plugins.atlassian.com. Since we literally released Confluence 4.1.2 about 12 hours ago, it's possible PAC doesn't know about this version of Confluence yet. :-)

EDIT: I've just checked the information on plugins.atlassian.com and Confluence 4.1.2 is now listed. The plugin manager's Upgrade tab should be working OK now.

Hi,

Try manually upgrading the Universal Plugin Manager to the latest version (1.6.3) available at https://plugins.atlassian.com/plugin/details/23915?versionId=841450 and restarting Confluence.

I was getting the same error message with the version of UPM (version 1.5.2) that ships with Confluence 4.1.2, but upgrading to version 1.6.3 of the UPM and restarting Confluence fixed the problem.

Hope that helps,

Andrew.

Please consider also, that you will see only those plugins that are already updated to that version of Confluence. Some of them are listed as 4.0.5 compabible and they won't be considered on the upgrade panel. (I uploaded them manually on my testing environment and they works ok with 4.1)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 17, 2018 in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

547 views 7 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you