Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with upgrading plugins after Confluence upgrade to 4.1.2?

Elvir Hadzic
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2012

Hello everybody,

I upgraded from Confluence 4.0 to 4.1.2 on our test environment. Everything worked fine with 4.0.

Now, when I go to "Plugins-->Upgrade" to check if newer versions of the plugins are available I get the following error message:

This version of Confluence is unknown to the plugin information server. It may be too new to appear, or it may be some type of non-standard build. No plugins can be found for unknown product versions.

Is this a known problem (I couldn't find anything helpful)? Did anyone else experience it and was maybe even able to resolve it?

Thanks in advance!

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 9, 2012

This error can happen if the information about the parent product version (in this case, Confluence 4.1.2) is not updated on plugins.atlassian.com. Since we literally released Confluence 4.1.2 about 12 hours ago, it's possible PAC doesn't know about this version of Confluence yet. :-)

EDIT: I've just checked the information on plugins.atlassian.com and Confluence 4.1.2 is now listed. The plugin manager's Upgrade tab should be working OK now.

0 votes
Fabian Lopez January 8, 2012

Please consider also, that you will see only those plugins that are already updated to that version of Confluence. Some of them are listed as 4.0.5 compabible and they won't be considered on the upgrade panel. (I uploaded them manually on my testing environment and they works ok with 4.1)

0 votes
Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2012

Hi,

Try manually upgrading the Universal Plugin Manager to the latest version (1.6.3) available at https://plugins.atlassian.com/plugin/details/23915?versionId=841450 and restarting Confluence.

I was getting the same error message with the version of UPM (version 1.5.2) that ships with Confluence 4.1.2, but upgrading to version 1.6.3 of the UPM and restarting Confluence fixed the problem.

Hope that helps,

Andrew.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events