Problems with passing $body to a macro in a user macro

I have a user macro meant to wrap the metadata macro, and am trying to pass $body to the macro. It basically works, except that no matter whether I choose rendered or unrendered, I get visible (evidently escaped) HTML in the output, and the actual body (which is a short bit of plain text) is surrounded by visible HTML p and span tags, so it looks like this:

<p><span>This part should be visible, but those tags either shouldn't be there or should be rendered as HTML</span></p>

The macro code I'm using is below. (I've tried various permutations, leaving out the plain-text-body or the CDATA tags, and all of them gave me no output.)

## @param term:title=Term|type=string|required=true|desc=The term you are defining.
<ac:macro ac:name="metadata"><ac:parameter ac:name="0">glossry $paramterm</ac:parameter>
<ac:plain-text-body>
<![CDATA[$body]]></ac:plain-text-body></ac:macro>

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

I ended up using string functions to remove the extra tags from $body. I'd still love to know why they were showing up.

Suggest an answer

Log in or Sign up to answer
Community showcase
Published Mar 12, 2019 in Confluence

Confluence Admin Certification now $150 for Community Members

More and more people are building their careers with Atlassian, and we want you to be at the front of this wave! Important Dates Start the Certification Prep Course by 2 April 2019 Take your e...

402 views 2 13
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you