Problems with passing $body to a macro in a user macro

Jonathan Simonoff
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2013

I have a user macro meant to wrap the metadata macro, and am trying to pass $body to the macro. It basically works, except that no matter whether I choose rendered or unrendered, I get visible (evidently escaped) HTML in the output, and the actual body (which is a short bit of plain text) is surrounded by visible HTML p and span tags, so it looks like this:

<p><span>This part should be visible, but those tags either shouldn't be there or should be rendered as HTML</span></p>

The macro code I'm using is below. (I've tried various permutations, leaving out the plain-text-body or the CDATA tags, and all of them gave me no output.)

## @param term:title=Term|type=string|required=true|desc=The term you are defining.
<ac:macro ac:name="metadata"><ac:parameter ac:name="0">glossry $paramterm</ac:parameter>
<ac:plain-text-body>
<![CDATA[$body]]></ac:plain-text-body></ac:macro>

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jonathan Simonoff
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2013

I ended up using string functions to remove the extra tags from $body. I'd still love to know why they were showing up.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events