Problems with confluence macro browser

roman huesler July 15, 2018

I got trouble with the macro browser.

environment
This is my environment at the moment;
database - maria db 10.1.30 on seperate ubuntu 17.10 server
confluence - 6.10 on ubuntu 17.10 no addons

problem
Most of the time the macro browser cannot be opened / times out.
Strangely everything is working sometimes. The previous confluence version that I used showed the same problem.

Browser (Chrome) Console logs
"Macro browser preload failed. Trying again..."
"Error requesting macro browser metadata:"
"[object Object]"

Also checked to load macros by using postman. This also timed out.
Can somebody give a hint on which log I could check to find the cause?

Kind regards roman

2 answers

1 vote
aprilengland July 9, 2019

I am having this issue as well in my Test environment. Unfortunately we don't host our own instances so I don't have access to the servers, but I am a confluence administrator. We've been having this issue a couple times a month for about a year. We've tried cloning the Production instance to Test a couple times but it still happens. Restarting sometimes fixes it but I don't have access to restart it so this is very inconvenient for me. Is there a process that could just be stuck that needs to be restarted?

0 votes
Jamie Rogers July 15, 2018

Hi Roman

You could try having a look in your Confluence application logs and seeing if there is any error(s). These are typically in /<Confluence_home>/logs/atlassian-confluence.log

• If necessary turn on debug logging but this does generate a lot of output.

Also the database you're using doesn't appear on the supported DBs list for running Confluence. See https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/supported-platforms-207488198.html

Do you get the same error if you use the bundled database?

Regards, Jamie 

Sascha Ziemann March 20, 2019

Have the same error here. It has nothing to do with the database. I was possible in the past to open the macro browser. It just stopped working.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events