Problems while migrating Confluence to a new server

sinwoo huh April 15, 2015

Hi, guys.
I am here to get your help. 

I've tried about for all day for what I want to do, but I am now in stuck. sad

If you guys give me some solutions to so solve the problem, then I really appreciate for that. smile

I have wanted to transfer to a new server from the original server so I followed the steps below link.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Migrating+Confluence+Between+Servers 

It is from CentOS to CentOS, so I can say both are the same OS although their version is different.

And the version of Confluence is 5.4.1.

The original confluence has used a default database, so at first I wanted to transfer it without an external database.

So I didn't do any of stpes in upper link.

I made zips of home which belongs in '/var/' directory and install which belong in '/opt/' directory.
And then by using 'scp' command, I copied them to the new server which doesn't have an installation of Tomcat which means it is really a new server. 

I unzipped them to proper directories that are '/var/' and 'opt'.

Till this, cuz the confluence doesn't use an external database, so I thought  I could start the confluence on the new server 

But there was one thing I missed.

After searching, I tried something through the below link.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Creating+a+Dedicated+User+Account+on+the+Operating+System+to+Run+Confluence

sudo /usr/sbin/useradd --create-home --comment "Account for running Confluence" --shell /bin/bash confluence

I thought after I should shutdown on the original server, I had to execute start-confluence.sh. 
So I did.

There are two errors where are located in the different server.

1. on new server, although I entered that command, there was below error.
    ERROR LogMananger.repositorySelector was null likely due to error in class reloading, using NOPLoggerRepository.

2. After upper error, cuz I could not start the confluence on the new server, I entered 'sudo /usr/sbin/useradd --create-home --comment "Account for running Confluence" --shell /bin/bash confluence' on the original server.
    But I can't start the confluence.
    It worked well so far, but not now.
    The error msg is.. 'com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference$InitializationException: java.lang.NullPointerException'

Although my English skill is not good, so I am worried about that I didn't give you guys enough information to understand this problems, but it will be really helpful for me if you guys give me an idea.

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
sinwoo huh April 15, 2015

I recovered the way to run confluence on the original server.

chown - R confluence:confluence /opt/atlassian/*
chown - R confluence:confluence /var/atlassian/*

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events